Friday, August 21, 2015

"WHEN MY FOOLISH HEART ASKS WHY"

    " How unsearchable his judgements, and his paths beyond tracing out!
                                               Roman 11 : 33


How many people don't approach life in the same way that Beethoven departed it shaking his fist at the sky! They complain that life isn't fair. They look for someone to blame and inevitably point at God. They consider the constant threat or presence of war, famine, natural disaster and human injustice; and they conclude that either there is no God or that he is a harsh and unreasonable trant. Even we, who are Christians, are often tempted to complain and to ask why: "Why must I, faithful member of the church, suffer with cancer?" "Why did my husband have to die, while so may immoral men go on living?" "Why was our child born with a handicap?"
       The world cannot produce a satisfactory answer. And where the Bible gives us an answer, the children of men refuse to accept it. We all know the temptation to doubt that God's purposes are good, for we are all made of the same flesh. And our natural mind of flesh is opposed to God and his word. Beside this, satan is continually at our backs and whispering, " Yea God said? Does God really mean it when he says that he loves you? Why look at all you are suffering! Do you really think God means to bring something good out of this?"
       When thoughts like this come to us, let us recognize them as lies of Satan. God has already given us all the answer we need in his holy Word. So we can turn and say: "Satan, get out of here! My God has never promised me a perfect life of bless on this earth. And when suffering comes my way, it is only further evidence of his truth and love. He is teaching me not to fall in love with this world and drawing me closer to himself and to his promise in Christ. And even if I am about to die, you cannot touch me. For my Redeemer lives and he will raise me from the dead again and give me eternal life.
      "I cannot say exactly why or how all the events of my life fit into God's overall plan. But that is none of my business. For 'My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord' ( Isaiah 55:8). Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him' (Psalm 115:3). And that is good enough for me. ForI know that he was please to send me a savior from sin. And He who did not so are his own Son, but gave him up for us all how he not also along with him, graciously give us all things?' " (Roman 8:32)

No comments:

Post a Comment