Thursday, February 3, 2022

A HOUSE FULL OF SAINTS

SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 4:7-16
VERSE FOR TODAY: Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18)
HYMN FOR TODAY: "Higher Ground"

Mary Smith tailored beautiful drapes for the Sunday School classroom, and she was embarrassed by the praise heaped on her when the class met. "I'm not a saint," she protested uncomfortably. "I just like to do what I can for the Lord.' "Then you are a saint," the teacher said, "That name means you're dedicated to the Lord, not you're better than anybody else."
"Wow!" Mary grinned. "I'm a saint. Imagine my surprise." "This place is full of saints," the teacher went on. "Saint Bill knows all about the furnace. He missed his breakfast to come in early and make sure we'd have a warm place to meet after that storm yesterday. Right now nearly room in the house has a saint like me trying to help a bunch of saint like you become better a better saints. That's 'the perfecting of the ssints' All of us are becoming better than we were."
Mary's embarrassment was gone. "I'm glad some saint with a shovel cleared the way to the door," she quipped " sure," the teacher agreed, "and I appreciate the saint on the snow plow who cleared the parking lot."

PRAYER THOUGHTS: Thank God first for Jesus, who not only showed us how to live, but also grants forgiveness when we confess our failures. Then thank Him for the saint who wrote about Jesus in the Bible, and for the saint who help us understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment