Monday, February 7, 2022

THE USER'S MANUAL

SCRIPTURE: Deuteronomy 30:15-20
VERSE FOR TODAY: All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2Timothy 3:16).
HYMN FOR TODAY: "Trust and Obey"

When you buy a new car, the makers of it give you a manual telling you how to use it. For example, your engine is designed to work with oil in the crankcase. Suppose you say, "This is my car. I'm going to run it any way I please, and I please to run it with oil." Soon the bearings are burned out, and you can't use the car at all.
God made you and me and all other people. He provided a manual telling us how we are designed to work. For example He said, "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself" (Leviticus 19:18). Sometimes someones says, "I'm my own person. I'm going to do as I please, and I please to love myself best of all." What happens then? A child fights with his brothers. A man veatshis wife. A robber hold up a store. A Schoolboy shoots a teacher, Somebody hijack an airplane, orblows up a federal building. You've read about all these events. Your newspaper records them. Of course we have to have laws and police and jails to punish people who do such unloving things. It's costly and unpleasant.
What a wonderful world this would be if everybody woylddo what the Bible says! Let's do our part.

PRAYER THOUGHTS: Thank the great Creator for the manual that tells us how to get along together and be happy. If you have disobeys the manual yesterday or today, ask God to forgive you. Promise to do better from now on. Ask God to help you understand the manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment