Tuesday, February 1, 2022

WHEN OUR HEART ARE OPEN TO GOD

SCRIPTURE: Matthew 5:1-12
VERSE FOR TODAY: Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death (2 Corinthians 7:10, New Internatiinal Version).
HYMN FOR TODAY: " Give Me Thy Heart"

A Former athlete told his friends head lung cancer. " It's my own fault," he said. "Plenty of people told me was mistreating my body by smoking, I'm going to act like Christian for the few years I have left." Such a humble spirit leads to a new kind of living.
Jesus encountered people who polished their appearance at the expense of genuine spirituality. The Pharisees looked good, but they were rotting from the inside out. Even His own disciples were concerned about having the chief seats in His kingdom. How refreshing it was to meet people like the Samaritan woman at the well or Zaccheus! Although their sins were evident, their spirit was humble and open to change.
Christ's beatitudes suggest the possiblity of change. Those who mourn over personal sin and pursue righteousness with a passion will receive the blessings of mercy and forgiveness. They will also demonstrate the grace of God has shown them in their dealing with others.
Today, assume a humble position toward God. Allow Him continually to transform you and prapare you for greater work of service.

PRAYER THOUGHTS: Dear Father, I come into Tour presence with a humble heart. Show me areas of my life that have not been fully surrendered to You. Help me me build genuine spiritual character from the inside out Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment