Tuesday, February 8, 2022

A PATIENT GOD

SCRIPTURE: 2 Peter 3:1-10
VERSE FOR TODAY: The Lord is not slow on keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come repentance (2 Peter 3:9, New International Version).
HYMN FOR TODAY: "Take My Life and Let It Be"

Wouldn't it be simpler if God were to settle His issues right away? I have to admit that there are times when I have heard someone curse God, and threaten Him, that I have been tempted to pray, "God, would You please hit that guy?" If God would step in and eliminate murderers, rapists, and gangsters, this world would be a better place. They have it coming.Then I remember that Paul wrote to the Corinthians believers. "That is what some of you were. But you were washed,  you were sanctified" (1Corinthians 6:11, New International Version). Some thieves, homosexuals, drunkards and slanderers were changed by the spirit of God, and justified.
And I remember something else. If God had punished each of my sins immediately, I would be in a bad way. They may not have been the big black type; but they have "missed the mark." I am grateful for His patience.
It is good to know, too, that God doesn't want anyone to perish. He keeps giving time for His wayward children to turn to Him. Some all it "slow" But He calls it loving patience.

PRAYER THOUGHTS: "Thank you, Lord, for saving my soul, Thank you, Lord, for making me whole; Thank you, Lord, for giving to me Thy great salvation so rich and free." Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment