Friday, February 4, 2022

DON'T FIGHT AGAINST GOD

SCRIPTURE: 2 Peter 2:1-10
VERSE FOR TODAY: The knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptation (2Pheter2:9).
HYMN FOR TODAY: "Only Trust Him"

"He's drowning!" A woman screamed it, clutching my arm and shaking me.
It was true. A boy in the deep end of the pool couldn't swim. He was out of sight when I reached him. When I pulled him to the surface he sputtered and coughed. Then he hit me with his first and yelled, "Let me go!"
He was so small that I managed to drag him ashore, but he kicked and screamed and fought me all the way. Later he explained. In his panic he thought I was trying to drown him.
The Lord is able to rescue the godly from troubles, but He does not drag us kicking and screaming to safety. If we choose to fight Him. He lets us go. He saved Noah's family, but everybody else in the world drowned. He saved Lot and His daughters from Sodom, but the people burned. And angels that rebelled lost Heaven forever.
God is our friend. His rules are not meant toharm us. They are designed to save us from troubles, to help us be happy in our life on earth, and happier still in Heaven. Let's not fight against God. Let's turn our lives over to Him and be happy.

PRAYER TBOUGHTS: Tell God we know we need help, and thank Him for helping us. Tell Him we really want to do right, and will keep on trying. Thank Him for the Bible, because it help us know what todotobe happy. Ask Him to keep on helping us every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment