Sunday, March 22, 2015

"Friends are Demon"

          "But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the
             darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
                                             M ATTHEW 8 : 12


Jesus' teaching about hell is meant to strike terror in ours hearts, warning us if heaven is better than we could dream, so hell will be worse than we can imagine.Hell warns us to seek heaven.
          When I was first injured, doctors pumped me up with powerful drugs to get rid of the infection that was raging through my body. When nurses turned me facedown on the Stryker Frame, I could only see the floor and people's feet. Horrified, I saw the ugly cloven hooves of demons where there should have been shoes of nurses. The feet of friends were webbed with claws. I scream at the nurses not to flip me face up, fearful that I would see ugly monsters, but when they turned me over, I was shocked to find eveything normal. Friends are Demon. Huh!!
          What a hell. Looking back, I know that my terror was drug induced. But those frightening images remained with me even through subsequent year of backsliding and bitterness. In fact during thisr yaers when I teetered on the brink of rejecting Christ rntirely, scary cloven hooves would flash in my mind. For me, it was a warning.
          We all go through hell now and then. But our hellish moments on earth can't even begin to touch the hell that awaits unbelievers. So why should we complain if God decides to give us a tiny infinitesimal taste of what actual hell could be like? Rather than be angry, be thankful that Jesus saves.

          There's nothing you could possibly be put through on earth
          That can even begin to feel like the real hell. So every time
           you think circumstances are hellish, breathe a sigh of relief
           That Jesus has saved you from the real thing.

           Thank you, Jesus, that You've saved me not only for heaven
           But from hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment