Monday, March 16, 2015

"You can't, But I can"

                 "With your help I can advance against a troop; 
                             With my God I can scale a wall."
                                            Psalm 18 : 29


          If you do the possible, I will do the impossible. In My book, the Bible, a soldier named Jonathan tracked a huge army of enemy soldiers and defeated them all with only the help of his butler. Two guys beat whole army! Was Jonathan a Superman or Rambo? No, he was a fairly decent soldier, but he was just a person. Jonathan did what he knew was right. He fought the enemy. I did the rest. 
           If you will step out and out and do what you know needs to be done, I will finish the work you start in My name. Are people hungry in your town? Begin feeding a few if them, and I will help you feed the rest. I will tell you to do things that you can't do. But don't be afraid. If you start it, I'll finish it.
           When you read this psalm, you are struck by the fact that God moves heaven and earth to come to your aid when you cry to Him for help. At your heartfelt plea, your Lord thunders from heaven and scatters your enemies. Verses sixteen, seventeen, and nineteen then add, "He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me."
          Don't ever think that when you pray for God's support, He remains uncaring or unfeeling about your plea. God is not off somewhere on a mountaintop at an arm's lenght from your cry. When you pray help, He does not lean over the wall of His ivory tower to tell you to beg louder.
          God is attentive to your needs as a caring father is to his dearest son. When you send out a distress call to the Lord, He parts the heavens to come to your rescue. And if you need to be reminded, read Psalm 18 in its entirety.

          No one who lets out a genuine cry of distress is thinking
          about manipulating God. Impossible! A heart plea for help
          Carries with it no desire to control the way the Lord deals 
          With you. Rather, such a prayer implies that you've cast
          Youself on the Lord's mercy, with no hint of imure motive.
          When you pray like that, God immediate recognizes the
          Sincerity of your heart and rushes to your aid.
          

         

No comments:

Post a Comment