Monday, March 23, 2015

"A Sneak Preview"

                           " As far as sunrise is from sunset,
                      (The Lord) has separated us from our sins.
                                           PSALM 103 : 13


       Here's something that might surprise you. Even though I'm the smartest Person ever, I have a bad memory when it comes to one thing: when you tell Me you're sorry for for all the bad stuff you've dones and decide to stop doing it, I can't even remember what it was that you did wrong. I'm serious. I forget it, it's vaporized I don't file that stuff away to pull out later and rub it in your face. Actually, you probably remember what you did wrong better than I do. I don't want to remember the bad things you've done. I'd rather start over wuth you and move on.
 I never used to understand Christians who longed to go to heaven. To me, it was a place where not only God would know all a d see all, but my friends and family would, too. I cringed to think of their reaction to my hidden sins.
       Upon my arrival in heaven, I imagined standing under a marquee of theater: NOW SHOWING: THE UNCENSORED VERSION OF JONI. I gasped at the next line: COME ONE, COME ALL FREE POPCORN.
       I imagined walking down the aisle passing friends and relatives, people I respected like my sixth-grade teacher, my hockey coach, my Friday sunday school leader, and the parents of all my old friends. Then I spotted others loje the handicapped boy in school I had made fun of, all the janitors and motel maids I had ignored, and the rowdy-looking kids I remember from friday night parties.
       Standing in front of the crowd, I heard a big voice boom from behind a projector, "we've been waiting for you. Before we begin, do you have any introductory remarks?" I imagined my knees shaking and stomach churning as a jumble of ugly and dirty scenes flashes before my mind. All I could do was shrink into my seat and weakly say, " Roll it! 

       I'm so relied it's figment of my imagination. . . .

           God not only wipes clean the slate of your sins when you
           Truly confess and repent, He goes one step further: He credits
           The righteousness of Christ to you. In heaven, your life
           Will be known for God's goodness.

           Thank you, Lord, for not only paying the debt of my sin but for
           Crediting the righteousness of Christ to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment