Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The dead shall rise"

          "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud
                command, with the voice of the archangel and with The 
                trumphet call of God, and the dead in christ will rise first
                                     1 THESSALONIANS 4:16


What an odd Sunday afternoon I had My mother-in-law recently purchased a family grave plot at a cementery called Forest Lawn. However, she would not sign the papers until Ken and I looked at the lot and gaveour approval. "Do I have to?" Iwhined at Ken.,I could think of better things to do with our sunday afternoon.
         Being the submissive wife, I trekked to Forest Lawn with Ken, looked at my gravesite located in a section called "Murmuring Pines," and listened to the realtor (that's what she wasa tua.ly called renind me that what with my head "here," and my feet "there," I would have a grand view of the valley and distance mountains. That's important, I told her. I also told her I did  not have plans to stay there very long. Smile.
         While the realtor and my mother-law- conferred over the papers, I looked around at the hundred of tombstones. It suddenly struck me that i was sitting on the exact spot where my body will rise, shoul I die before christ comes. Sitting on that grassy hillside did more to ignite thereality of the Resurrection than hearing sermons or reading essays on the subject.
         The Resurrection is. not something to be spiritualized away. Ohe day actuall graves and reunite to rise. Dead men, one day shall  live,  shall live,  hallelujah!

            Lord, You  are the ressurection and  the life and I praise You that 
            Eternal life is your glorious gift to those whi believe. One day the
             Dead shall rise.  Me included!

No comments:

Post a Comment