Sunday, June 19, 2016

"A MIGHTY FRIEND IN YOUR SIDE"

"For I am convinced that (nothing) . .Will be able
  to separate  us from the love of God that is in
  Christ Jesus our Lord.
                                                    Roman 8 ;38-39


Let's pretend that I am not gifted with a great
amount of natural ability or physical strength.
Now, let's pretend that tight down The street
from me there live three other children. They
are big, and they ate strong. They have also told
 me that they ate not particularly fond of me. In
fact, they have told me that the next time they
see me downtown, they are going to pick a
fighting.
     Now let's pretend that one day my mother
asks me to go to The store for her. How would
I feel? Probably not very God right? I would
want to do what my mother asks, and yet I have
received. I am not sure if I can overcome that
problem by myself.
    But then, just when things seems to be at their
 worst, my uncle comes to visit. He is big, he is
strong. Nothing frightens him. He looks at me
and says, "Come on." I'll go along with you to
the store."How would I feel then? Not so
frightened anymore, right?
      Why not? Because wi have a big strong,
powerful friend right beside me. I know that as
long as he is there, none of the bullies will bother
me. So I walk down the street with a definite
feeling of security, with a newfound sense of
confidence. I have Nothing to fear. I a.m
convincing of that.
       Have you ever Feltre that way In the course
of your lifetime? Sometimes The problems,
The pains and the persecutions of this life seem
to Squeeze us so tightly. We seem si terribly
weak and Powerless. We are frightened. We don't
think we can Overcome those bullies by ourselves.
And we are Probably correct by ourselves we
cannot.7
        But fortunately for us as Christians we don't
have to overcome them by ourselves. We have a
big, strong, powerful ally and friend. He does the
fighting for us. And He is not just someone
who visits us every now and then. He is with us
every day of our lives. This is his promises.
We can now be secure with nothing to fear. We,
like Paul, ate convinced ofThe fact.




No comments:

Post a Comment