Tuesday, June 28, 2016

"AGING GRACEFULLY"

"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and 
  wonderfully made." 
                                         Psalm 139:14


Many people try to reverse the aging process.
Those with wrinkles get facelift so, while other
have injections to remove unwanted facial lines.
Behind this current trend is the notion that an
aging face is unacceptable.
     But not everyone feels that way. An elderly
woman being interviewed on television was
asked, "Do you like your face?" She responded
with conviction, "I love my face! It's the face
God gave me, and I accept it happily."
     In Psalm 139, David express the conviction
that his being was fashioned by God and
therefore is worthy of acceptance. He prayed, "I
will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully
made" (v.14). He also believed that God fashioned
all the days of his life (v.16).
    Instead of fighting a losing battle against our
waning youthful appearance, we should
concentrate on cultivating inner qualities that last
forever. One key attribute is a lifelong faith in God,
who reassures His people: "Even to your old age.
and even to gray hairs I will carry you! Isaiah 46:4
   Myron Taylor wrote: "Time may wrinkle the
skin, but worry, doubt, hate, and the loss of ideals
wrinkle the soul." As we gracefully accept the
passing of years God will smooth out the wrinkles
 of our souls.
     The wrinkles on a time-worn face can be 
      Symbols of God's grace, If  through our 
      laughter and our tears His love has freed
       us from our fears.



No comments:

Post a Comment