Friday, March 4, 2022

RIGHT MAKES MIGHT

SCRIPTURE: Mark 2:1-12
VERSE FOR TODAY: His divine power had given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness (2Peter 1:3, New International Version).
HYMN FOR TODAY: "Marvelous Grace of Our Loving Lord"

When I was a child, my friend and I used to play king on the Mountain. One person would start as the "King" on top of some object. Then the others would launch attacks to try to overcome the "King" and take his place. I loved the game You see, I was the largest child of my age, and it was very difficult for anyone to move me from the spot when I didn't want to be moved
 The game involved no strategy; it was sImply a matter of "Might makes right." Since I had the power, I could do whatever I chose.
Jesus worked in the opposite way. It was the rightness of everything He did that gave His actions their power. Others questioned His authority, His motives, and His source, but He provided them with miraculous goodness that they couldn't deny or argue against. Even His strongest critics were quieted by the unaltering kindness.
As God's people, we have at our disposal Christ's power and and His incredible mercy. Are both evident in the way you live? What can you do today that will establish Christ's power working in you through the goodness of your action?
PRAYER THOUGHTS: Dear Lord, You make possible my salvation through both Your power and Your goodness. Help me to demonstrate both in my life so that others will see them and come through me to know You and Your salvation. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment