Saturday, May 7, 2016

"LEARN TO BE A LOVE RECEIVER"

"I tried keeping rules and working my head
 off to please God, and it didn't work. So I quit
being a "law man" so that I could be God's man."
                                                ----Galatians 2: 19


This statement seems straightforward enough,
but unfortunately some people take it too far.
Paul's practical instruction to us living display
 a distinct pattern. Every time he puts forward
a set of application he always anticipates the
question, why should we do this? "Because that
is what love does!" Paul always stays grounded
in the Great Commandment spoken by Jesus:
  '''Hear, Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord;
and you shall love the Lord your God with all
your heart, and with all your soul, and with all
mind, and with all your strength.' The second
is this 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
There is no other commandment greater than
these (Mark 12:29b-31).
Unless you obey every law down to the last
letter, you can't say that you've kept the law.
And no one can keep every letter of every law.
So no one can make it as a law keeper. You
can't get in good with Me by working hard
enough either.
So if can't earn your way into My heart by being
good enough or working hard enough, what can
you do? You can only be mind by accepting
and embracing My love. I've made it so simple
that it makes some people mad. They'd rather do
Something for Me than receive what I've done for
them. They'd rather give Me something than
receive the gift I have for them. The truth remain
You can only be God's man or woman when you
learn to be a love receiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment