Thursday, May 5, 2016

"Sovereign Lord"

"When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immorality, then the saying that is written will come true:death has been swallowed up in victory." 
1 Corinthians 15:54

Suffering gets us ready for resurrection.
Broken necks broken homes, and broken heart
 crush our hope that earthly things can satisfy.
 Only the promise of immorality can truly
move our eyes from this world. The Glorious
day when "death will be swallowed up in
victory" become our passion as we realize,
once and for all, that earth can never meet our
deepest longings.
   Suffering also prepared us to meet God when
 we get to heaven. Suppose you never knew pain.No stained reputation. No bruised feelings. No sore back, twisted ankle, or decayed molars.
   How could you appreciate the scarred hands
with which Christ will greet you? What if
no one had ever offended you deeply? How
could you adequately express your gratitude
when you approach the Man of Sorrows, who
was acquainted with grief?
   When you meet Jesus face-to-face, your
hardships to purchase the promise of your
resurrection. And  your loyalty to Him in your
suffering will give you something concrete to
offer in return. For what other proof could you
 bring of your love if this life left you totally
 unscarred?
     I praise you, Sovereign Lord, that You use 
suffering to prepare us for heaven. Help me to
live today with the promise of the resurrection 
before me, giving me a reason to thank You in 
the midst of my pain. Keep me from 
complaining and grumbling. For on the day
that I stand before Jesus, I want to offer Him 
proof of my love and faithfulness.




No comments:

Post a Comment