Sunday, May 29, 2016

sharing in God's nature.

"He has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through that you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world causes by evil desires."
2 Perer 1:4

Just as the great and precious promise of the
Old Testament was the seed of the woman,
the Messiah, so the great promise if the New
Testament is the Holy Spirit. Those who
receive the promises of the Gospel are
renewed in the spirit of their mind, after the
image of God in knowledge, righteousness,
and holiness. Their heart are set for God and
His service, and they have a heavenly
disposition in their soul.
 This is what it means to participate in the
divine nature. Through the Lord Jesus we
have a share index God' nature a portion of who He is.
  When I was  young in the faith, I though having "a share in God's nature" meant coping the Lord's lifestyle, mimicking His Mannarisms, striving to follow Him as closely as I could God is over there, though, I am here, and I close the gap between us. Little did I realize that with
Holy Spirit residing in may heart, there was no gap. I could actually participate In the divine nature and be intimately One with the Lord.



No comments:

Post a Comment