Tuesday, May 10, 2016

"MEMORIZING"

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither
are your ways m ways,' declares the Lord. "As
the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my
Ways higher than your ways and my thoughts
than your thoughts.'"                   --Isaiah 55:8-9


There's hardly a Christian who doesn't wish his
thought life were more pure. After all, the first
and greatest commandment is love Lord with all
our . . . mind Memorizing God's Word is the best
way to rebuild your thoughts. Committing portion
of Scripture to memory is like thinking God's
thoughts after Him. When we think that way, our
mind can't help but be elevated.
   Also, memorizing large  portion of Scripture
gives us insight into understanding the very
thought structure of our Lord. Through memo-
riding, we can appreciate the way God thinks!
And that, more than anything else, will heighten
your thoughts life to a pure level.
   There is a story told of a family living on the
edge of a desert who were amazed to see that
flowers had sprouted in the salty sand behind
their home. No one could figure out how this
happened, since they had tried for months to
grow vegetables and flowers. The mystery
was solved when someone realized the mother
had been throwing her dishwater out the back
door every day. After many months and many
disowns of water the salt was washed out of
the sand. That's why flowers were able to
grow.
    As we soak our mind with Scripture, old and
impure thoughts will be washed away. New
thoughts--God's thoughts--will find a home in
our mind
I want to think Your thoughts, Lord, and fill 
my mind with your ideas. Help me to elevate 
my thinking toward Your level as You lead me
deeper into Your Word. And show me today
what thoughts of Yours that You would have 
me memorize.@

No comments:

Post a Comment