Wednesday, January 5, 2022

EMPOWERED FOR SERVICE

SCRIPTURE: Acts 2:1-4,14-21
VERSE FOR TODAY: All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit ( Acts 2:4, New International Version).
HYMN FOR TODAY: "Holy Spirit, Light Divine"
After my daughter had family she said, "I know now why you used to say, 'I wish I could change my name to something besides Mama."' Mother's are busy people. Often they need to be in several places at the same time.
When Jesus was on earth, people clamoured to see Him, but He could not be everywhere at once. Many individual could only listen to people talk about meeting Him, seeing Him perform many miracles, and feeling His touch. Now people everywhere can only hear Him.
Before Jesus was taken up to Heaven, He instructed His apostles to "wait for the promise of thee Father" or the coming of the Holy Spirit. When the Spirit arrived, those apostles started witnessing for Jesus.
Christian's today can be filled with the Holy Spirit, though He does not give us all the powers He gave the apostles. Jesus Christ still wants people to witness for Him. The Holy Spirit gives us courage to refuse the wrong, do the right, and testify for Him.
Even boys girl can witness for Jesus at school, at play, and home when Mother I'm busy and asks for their help. It isn't always the words we say. Sometimes it the words we don't say.
PRAYER THOUGHTS: Heavenly Gather, thank You for sending Jesus 
Christ into the world to die for us
 Thank You, too, for sending the comforter to abide wit us forever. I need His indwelling power so I can be a true witness for Jesus. Here I Am, Lord; help me do Your will. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment