Tuesday, January 11, 2022

LOVE OF THIS WORLD

SCRIPTURE: Deuteronomy 6:1-9
VERSE FOR TODAY: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength (Deuteronomy 6:5, New International Version).
The Scripture are clear as to the place God is occupy in our lives. I recall in my childhood being told that if I would put God first, others second, and myself last, I would find a satisfaction in life that goes beyond understanding. Life begins and ends with God. Salvation means wholeness. In Christ Jesus we are healed. The apostle Peter affirms, "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed" (1 Peter 2:24, New  International Version)
Today's verse states the principle that is to guide us in our day-by- day walk. We are not to place our love in any other God. The Lord is first. The principle is to guide or lives and we are to teach it to others to our families and children.
A mentor is literally a wise counselor who leads and guides another. Some obvious example in the New Testament,  Jesus with the disciples and Paul and Timiothy. You can recognize the mentors who played a significant role in teaching you the way of Lord. Are you a mentor to someone? Are you taking the responsibility to teach the commendments of the Lord and guide another in the paths of rigtheousness? Read again verses 5-7 and take the directive to the heart

PRAYER THOUGHTS: Lord God, there is no stuffing here!,  when I clean the storeroom for cleaning there was you abandon sitting waiting to pick up. But Lord I didn't found you, you found me! I offer my thanks to You for the mentors in my life. They cared because You care, and they sacrificed because You sacrifice. Lord bless them for their faithfulness to You and their commitment to the truth and righteousness. In Jesus name. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment