Saturday, January 8, 2022

FAITH IS THE VICTORY

SCRIPTURE: Isaiah 60:1-6
VERSE FOR TODAY: Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you (Isaiah 60:1, New International Version).
HYMN FOR TODAY: " Faith is the Victory"

You cannot live without faith. Every day we live by faith. Even in the most routine activities we rely on the basic element of faith. "Will my car start this morning?" "I believe it will." "Will the approaching cars stay on their side of the road? "I believe they will." "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see (Hebrew 11:1, New Internation Version).
There is a faith that reaches into eternity. I am speaking of a faith in the person Jesus Christ. We cannot become a people if God without this faith
 It brings a relationship that has two sides: Christ's side and our side. His side is this: "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures" (1 Corinthians 15:3). "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree," (1 Peter 2:24, New International Version). The rest of that verse speaks of our side: "So that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed." Our responsibility is to accept Christ's provision. One cannot drift into this relationship. A deliberate decision must be made.
The personal element of our faith relationship with God can be seen in the language of the scriptures: "The Lord is my sherpherd;" "The Lord is my light and my salvation."
PRAYER THOUGHTS: O God, my God, You have deliberately loved me and made provision for my eternal life. I praise Your name above every name. I acknowledge Your Son, Jesus, who died to bear my sins and to heal my wounds. Create in me a desire to witness to the change in my life as a child of God. In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment