Friday, January 21, 2022

JESUS, I'M WILLING TO SUFFER FOR YOU

SCRIPTURE: Philippians 1:25-30
VERSE FOR TODAY:For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him (Philippians 1:29, New International Version). 
HYMN FOR TODAY: "O Jesus, I Have Promised"

If we are faced with doing an unpleasant task, we might be tempted to ask, "Do I have to?" or "Why me?" The Christian must grow spiritually and do things out of a heart filled with love for God. What a privilege it is to serve Him and even to suffer for Him!
The Associated Press carried a story captioned, "Friendly Hills Needs a Friend Fast." It told of a small Colorado community named Friendly Hills. Because its boundaries fell in both Denver and Jefferson Counties, no one was sure who was responsible to provide services. One frustrated lady spent a whole day trying to get license plates for her car. In each county she was told she didn't live within its jurisdiction.
In a very real sense we can easily get ourselves into a similar kind of predicament. If we fail to give total commitment and affection to the Lord, but depend on the security of bank accounts, the leadership of TV guides, or fellowship with the "beautiful people" of this world, we put ourselves in an "unclaimable" position. God wants full devotion from His own.
We must be loyal to Jesus even when we suffer and see being mistreated. God will protect us, and He want us to spend eternity in Heaven with Him.

PRAYER THOUGHTS: O God, you are my God; and I will ever serve You! May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable to You. O Lord offer us Your Love and Compassion what a beautiful offer buy one take all. In Acts 16:31 thank You my Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment